PARTICIPANT WAIVER FORM
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT FOR ANY LEGAL ACTION RELATED TO TREK2TUK4KIDS.
Re: TREK2TUK4KIDS (the “Event”)
To: TREK2TUK4KIDS, officers and members (collectively referred to as the “Organizing Committee”) and its
employees, officials, agents, representatives, volunteers and sponsors (collectively referred to as the “Agents”) involved in regulating or administrating the Event, or any activity related to the Event. In consideration for the Organizing Committee or its Agents accepting my application to participate in the Event and agreeing to provide equipment, facilities and the services of its Agents for the Event, or any activity related to the Event, I hereby agree as follows:
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
1) I am aware that participating in the Event involves accepting the risks, dangers and hazards associated with the Event, including but not limited to:
a) Natural and human-made hazards such as uneven and rough road surfaces, loose gravel, steep hills and embankments, high winds, extreme and changeable weather conditions, marked and unmarked hazards, wild animals including bears, communication difficulties in the event of an accident, and delays in obtaining appropriate or any medical and rescue assistance;
b) Motor vehicle, bicycle and pedestrian traffic;
c) Physical injury, including contact and collision with Agents, spectators, other participants, or roadways; and
d) Acts, omissions and conduct, including NEGLIGENCE by or on behalf of the Organizing Committee and its Agents, other participants, spectators, or users of the roadway and area who may not have valid liability insurance.
2) I am also aware that the Organizing Committee, the Agents, other participants, spectators and other users of the roadway and its area may not have valid or adequate liability insurance.
3) I acknowledge that my application and any fee paid by me or on my behalf does not include or entitle me to the provision of any liability, medical, or accident insurance or benefits, and that it remains my responsibility to obtain valid or adequate liability, medical or accident insurance to cover my participation in the Event.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIM, AND AGREEMENT OF INDEMNITY I AGREE TO:
1) RELEASE the Organizing Committee and the Agents from and against ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, COSTS, DEMANDS and EXPENSES WHATSOEVER with respect to death, injury, loss, damage or expenses to me or my property or to other persons and their property, however or wherever caused, INCLUDING ANY CLAIMS FOR NEGLIGENCE arising out of or related to my participation in the Event, including medical treatment or evacuation (the “Claims”); and
2) INDEMNIFY and HOLD HARMLESS the Organizing Committee and the Agents from and against any Claims that may arise from or out of my participation in the Event.
NOTWITHSTANDING that any such Claims may arise out of or have been caused or contributed to by any act or omission by me, the Organizing Committee or the Agents.
1) Any rules and guidelines for the Event and the use of any facilities or equipment provided by the Organizing Committee or its Agents are solely for the purpose of regulating the Event and it is my sole responsibility to act and govern myself in such a manner as to be responsible for my own safety.
2) I acknowledge that the Event is physically demanding and I certify that I am physically capable of participating in the Event and that I have no medical conditions that would interfere with my capability to participate.
3) This PARTICIPANT WAIVER shall be governed in all respects by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Northwest Territories.
4) In entering this PARTICIPANT WAIVER, I am not relying on any inducements or representations made by the Organizing Committee or the Agents.
5) This PARTICIPANT WAIVER is binding upon me, my heirs, administrators, successors and assigns.
6) I consent that video and photographic images of me taken during the event can be used by Organizing Committee for publicity and future marketing activities and waive any consideration for such use.
IF PARTICIPANT IS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST: Fill in Participant Name; b)Complete and sign Parent/Guardian Indemnity Agreement Below.
IF PARTICIPANT IS UNDER AGE 18, PARENT/GUARDIAN INDEMNITY AGREEMENT BELOW MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE SIGNING.
ARENT/GUARDIAN INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
TO BE SIGNED BY A PARENT/GUARDIAN ON BEHALF OF ANY PARTICIPANT LESS THAN18 YEARS OF AGE.
PARTICIPANT MUST ALSO COMPLETE PARTICIPANT WAIVER ABOVE.
Re: TREK2TUK4KIDS (the “Event”)
To: TREK2TUK4KIDS Organizing Committee and its directors, officers and members (collectively referred to as the “Organizing Committee”) and its employees, officials, agents, representatives, volunteers and sponsors (collectively referred to as the “Agents”) involved in regulating or administrating the Event, or any activity related to the Event.
1) I certify that I am the parent or legal guardian of:
(Hereinafter referred to as the “Child”).
2) I have read the above Participant Waiver and understand the contents thereof.
3) In consideration for the Organizing Committee or its Agents accepting the application of the Child to participate in the Event and agreeing to provide equipment, facilities and the services of its Agents for the Event, or any activity related to the Event, I hereby agree that I have read and understand and agree to be bound by the terms of the Participant Waiver attached hereto, which are hereby incorporated into and form part of this Indemnity Agreement, with all necessary modifications to give effect to the terms set out therein.
4) Without limiting the generality of the above, I specifically agree to:
a) assume the risks set out in the Participant Waiver; and
b) accept the terms of the RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIM, AND AGREEMENT next of kin, executors, administrators and successors.
I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS.